Making the decision to outsource any aspect of your Chicagoland company can be a challenging one. You might not want to give control to an outside partner, or you might not be sure how to go about finding one. If you’re looking for a managed IT services provider, we’ve got some tips to help you know what to look for.
5 Tips on What to Look for in a Managed IT Provider
- Availability: Your business technology is running 24/7, and issues can arise at any time outside of normal work hours. Look for a managed services provider who is available 24/7 and 365 days a year to ensure that no technology issues are left unattended.
- Location and Accessibility: A lot of what a managed IT services provider does can be handled remotely. However, it’s nice to be able to have them come onsite from time to time to ensure everything is running properly, whether you’re in Naperville, Hinsdale, or San Francisco. If they’re not local, be sure to ask if they’re willing to travel to visit your location.
- Tech Support: Your managed IT provider should your be partner in all things technology related, including support. Your business can’t run efficiently if employees are constantly struggling with their devices, so look for a provider who offers tech support and can quickly answer questions or solve problems.
- Cyber Security: When working with a provider, you want to make sure that they offer cyber security for your networks and IT infrastructure. Ask if they perform regular testing and monitoring to help you avoid malware and viruses.
- Proactive Management: Your managed IT services provider should not only maintain your infrastructure, but they should also proactively make suggestions about updates, hardware, and software to keep you running at top speed or to avoid future problems.
Hiring the Right Managed IT Services Provider
Now that you know what to look for in a managed IT provider, you can take the next step in outsourcing your company’s IT. You can also contact us to learn more about the managed IT services we provide.